13 Jan 2011

Old Magazine vs New Magazine&improvements

 I have taken print screens of my magazine before, and after- to show what i have changed and why.
OLD MAGAZINE:











                 NEW MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!:




These were my 3 possible magazine ideas, because of the photo of charlie in the left hand corner, as you can see on the first print screen you can see a small white mark coming of is head- this was due to an editing error. I had to work around this with different backgrounds, i didn't want to bright red, blue, green background- i wanted white&grey mixed, so i went had a play around with them to see if i can blend the whiteness into a white background. I have chosen the last print screen as i think it shows of the fonts& make the photos more sharper.So this is my magazine now, i think its much better, as the picture of Megan is coming across the page, which stands out very well, with her eyes starring straight at the audience/customer- and there is no background to Megan, i think this works very well. also have added a picture of charlie at the bottom, staring at Megan, this works well and NME has done something similar in one of there old issues. I have added better&more cover lines to make my magazine more interesting- this will help sell my magazine, theses are written in size 18+ fonts so its written very big. I have also emphasised the "BIG GIRL IN A NEW WORD-MEGAN ELLIS" better, as in the old magazine i had in plain writing in a "paragraph" "everything you need to know about Megan Ellis"- this was to long! i wanted something short&snappy!


Picture Improvements








I have edited this photo, because the background was pointless, and i wanted the photo coming over my magazine so its more powerful with no background. I have also edited the photo to make Megan lighter- also cropped below Megan's elbows!