5 Dec 2010

Planning: Masthead. Fonts. Colour themes

These are possible Masthead options:
I typed into google "words related to music" as i thought this would help me think of good mastheads
i will highlight the words i think are most acceptable to a hip-hop magazine
  • LISTEN
  • DOWNLOAD- i like this masthead as it relates to music a lot as people download music/albums all the time through itunes and other sources. People do not go out to shops as much to buy albums they simply download the albums in the top charts etc.
  • BEAT
  • SOUND WAVE- i do like this name but i feel that it is a bit cliched.
I have done a questionnaire as i could not decide on what Masthead i would like to use.

DOWNLOAD //////    (6 people voted for this)
LISTEN //                  (2 people voted for this)
BEAT /                       (1 people voted for this)
SOUND WAVE ////     (5 people voted for this)

I asked everyone in my class (15people) what masthead they would rather have me use, and 6 people voted for DOWNLOAD so i will be using this idea for my masthead. Sound wave would be my second choice as 5 people voted for this to be my masthead.



 Theses are the possible Fonts i will be using for my masthead:





I like this Font alot because i think it stands out, with its unusual "A" in "load". This would work well with my magazine as it would stand out- would get my magazine noticed. I will use this text or text like this, but i cannot change the colour of the font as its a print screen of http://www.dafont.co.uk/ . This could be a huge problem depending on the colour of my background, layout, featured image etc.


I really like this font as its very bold, and black with a white outlining around each letter, i think this will make my magazine stand out and catch peoples eye. I got this text from http://www.dafont.co.uk/ so i cant change the colour of the font again but will either use this font or font like this.