23 Jan 2011

MY MAGAZINE

This is my actual magazine, i wanted to print screen photos and upload it, rather than including it in my evaluation, just so people get a CLEAR picture of my magazine & can focus on my product rather than reading my evaluation & looking at my magazine as well.
  • I like my photo as it gives attitude which links to my "NEW GIRL IN A BIG WORLD" cover line.
  • All my cover lines are interesting and the colours i have used stand out well, blue is my colour code throughout my mag, and black and blue writing for my cover lines. Also included a quote in yellow which stands out very well, and also links to my photo as she looks angry in the photo and shes saying "people change, iv changed!"
  • I like how iv put "new girl in a big world" across Megan, this is made very big font, this draws in attention to the main image
  • My title "download" is very big at the top, in bold black writing against a white background
  • I have used 2 basic colours, blues and blacks- and also alternative colours to go with the quotes and back round

  • I like how i have included alot of information on this page- i do not think iv "overdone" it
  • iv included "on the cover" "inside" and "features" to give the audience an overview whats inside my magazine
  • I have made my own logo, to promote "download.com"
  • Its the technological age, every things done over the Internet, info is put online/updated every minute, while the magazine is published once a week etc, so its good to promote facebook, twitter, myspace
  • I have included news on my contents page to suit codes&conventions of an indie magazine
  • And a colour code of the colour blue which links throughout my whole magazine, also have used "download" in the same way i used it on my front cover page!
  • i have used the same colour codes of blue writing and black writing, including the same background as my front cover- audiences easily identify my magazines colour codes, makes it recognizable easily. I have used one big photo which most magazines i researched DID, with her holding a quote "I'm a fun type of girl" in fun writing and holding the quote indicates that this is true!


Overview
  • i like how i have used ALL my own images not including the 3 images i used of google for my cover lines- got photos of my friend Megan, and at a gig i went to, and other photos of my friend elaura
  • i like the colour codes i have used for each different page
  • Also i think my magazine suits the "indie"/ NME codes and conventions